Introduction to Pouch Packing Machines
When it comes to creating, filling and sealing robust pouches, there are different types of machines that are up to the task:
- Fully automatic pouch packing machine
- Semi-automatic pouch packing machine
- Manual pouch packing machine
- Horizontal pouch packing machine
Each of these machines is designed to manufacture high-quality pouches that are ideal for food products, powders and even some liquids. In this blog we’re explaining how it all works and why you may choose pouches for your next packing project.
How does pouch packing work?
Depending on the nature of your product, pre-formed pouches are filled with the precise dose using either an auger filling machine or a liquid filling machine. Consistency is assured every time because the system has integrated weighing and counting technology that never fails.
As for the type of pouches available, resealable pouches are great for products that are either shared or used over a longer period, allowing the consumer to lock in the freshness for longer. We also provide a straight flush seal, which provides ultimate protection.
Why choose pouches?
Pouches are an excellent form of packaging because they’re strong, compact and lightweight, which is great for your business, your retailers and your consumers alike. Thanks to the pouches being designed for standing, they can be displayed on supermarket shelves easily and really catch the eye through high visibility branding.
Spout pouches are another popular option, as the spout at the top makes pouring liquids such as juice and semi-liquids such as sauces a mess-free and stress-free experience. Recyclable pouches are an environmentally friendly option too.
What are pouches used for?
Pouches are chosen by all kinds of companies thanks to their wide-ranging applications. An airtight seal and protective laminate layer ensure that flavours and fragrances are preserved and contained, making pouches a highly reliable packing solution. For instance, you could use pouches for any of the following products:
- Snack foods like nuts
- Dry powders
- Capsules and tablets
- Herbs and spices
- Cooking and baking ingredients
- Edible liquids
How do pouch packing machines work?
Here’s a brief rundown of how a typical pouch packing machine creates versatile pouches for a wide variety of products:
- Pouch loading: Pre-formed pouches are loaded into the machine, which are then conveyed to the filling machine.
- Pouch gripping: When sensors detect the pouch, it is picked up by a set of grippers.
- Printing and branding: if you’ve chosen to have your pouches branded up by WePack, each one is then printed with your artwork, product information and a barcode.
- Pouch opening: The machinery uses a set of jaws to open the pouch and an air blower inflates it ready for filling.
- Filling: Now that the pouch is wide open, the machinery fills it with a precise dose of your product.
- Pouch sealing: Any remaining air is carefully squeezed out of the pouch. A straight flush seal or resealable opening is then applied to the pouch using heat. If you’ve chosen spout pouches, a strong spout and a secure cap are fitted to the top.
Get in touch about pouch packing
If you’re interested in our pouch packing service, we’d be delighted to answer your questions and help you to customise our offering to your exact requirements. To find out more, get in touch on 0115 852 9000 or fill in our contact form.