VFFS (Vertical Bagging)
Vertical Bagging (VFFS) Solutions
- Quick process compared with alternatives
- Best for free flowing, dry products
- Helps preserve products
- Minimum order value: £850 +VAT
Vertical form fill seal (VFFS) also known as vertical bagging is a packing method where the bag is created as the raw material is packed. The packing machine creates the bag as the bag is filled.
Why choose VFFS?
- Cost effective pack on larger quantities
- Excellent portion control
- Cost savings during transport as bags can be packed up very flat and are light-weight
- Film can be printed with full branding so are ready for the shelves without the need for labelling
How it Works:
A flat film is formed into the shape of a tube using a lap or fin seal on the reverse. The product is then weighed above the bagger and the appropriate portion is dropped in. As one bag sealed, the bottom of the next is created.
What size and shape of bag can be made?
Any length up to 150mm
Square / rectangular
Plain or printed available:
- Solid white
- Solid silver
- Printed up to 5 colours
What raw materials can be packed using VFFS?
Best suited to loose, dry products. VFFS is very good at preserving your food or product. A process called gas flushing can be used to help preserve the product.
Interested in vertical bagging or need more advice? Get in touch with our friendly team of packing advisers.