Vertical Form Fill Seal Solutions
- Quick process compared with alternatives
- Best for free flowing, dry products
- Cost effective
- Helps preserve products
- Minimum order value: £850 +VAT
Vertical Form Fill Seal (VFFS), also known as vertical bagging, is a packing method where the bag is created as the raw material is packed in one streamlined process.
Why choose VFFS?
- Cost effective packing method for larger quantities
- Effective volume control
- Cost savings during transit: the lightweight bags can be flat packed to minimise transport costs
- Film can be printed with full branding: ready for the shelves without the need for labelling
What products can VFFS pack?
Best suited to loose, dry products. VFFS is very good at preserving your food or product. A process called gas flushing can be used to help preserve the product.
Learn more about gas flushing and vertical form fill seal in our guide.
Interested in VFFS or need expert advice? Contact the friendly team of packing advisers at WePack today.
How it works
A flat film is formed into the shape of a tube using a lap or fin seal on the reverse. The product is then weighed above the bagger and the appropriate portion is dropped in. As one bag is sealed, the bottom of the next is created.
Package size options:
- Widths available: 38mm, 65mm, 100mm, 140mm
- Lengths up to 150mm
Package finish options:
- Solid white
- Solid silver
- Printed up to 5 colours